A well-designed website can be the difference between success and failure. It can be tempting to take the route of a do-it-yourself website builder. Drag and drop makes it seem so easy (not to mention the small price tag upfront), but these builders can end up costing you more money in the long run.
Taking advantage of the services of an experienced web design company can help you avoid some of the most common (and costly!) mistakes that non-designers make.
5 CLASSIC WEB DESIGN MISTAKES
- Lack of Quality Content: In the old days, you could throw up a website, stuff it with keywords, and quickly leap to the top of the search results. Those days are long gone. The top search engines (think Google) now require that content “be unique, specific and high quality.”
- Using Non-Responsive Design: According to Marketpath, the use of smartphones is on a steady rise. That means that more consumers are turning to their phones when it comes to searching and shopping. Your site needs to look its best no matter what device is accessing it. Having a responsive design means that your website will shrink and expand to fit the device that is accessing it. It’s also important to remember that Google now penalizes sites that aren’t responsive.
- Weak Calls to Action: Professional salespeople know better than anyone that you won’t get the sale if you don’t ask for it. The same is true for your website. Your users need to know what you’d like them to do. Strong calls to action will help your users book an appointment, purchase an item, or request information.
- Lack of Attention to SEO: Backlinks, longtail keywords, meta descriptions, and XML sitemaps: If you don’t know what these terms mean, you need to. Over the past five years, search engine optimization has become critical to making sure that your target audience sees your site. Search algorithms are now so sophisticated that even the slightest error in your SEO strategy can send you from the top three on page one to hidden deep on page 10.
- Lack of Analytics: Your website is your best chance to make a good first impression. That makes it important that you can see exactly what your customers are looking at. If you aren’t tracking your clicks and where they are coming from, you are missing an important piece of the intelligence puzzle. A regular program of analytics research can tell you not just who is looking at your site, but what they’re looking at and how long they’re spending there.
If your customers can’t find you in their search engine, or if they abandon your website because they can’t find what they’re looking for, it’s costing you money. Working with a professional designer can help you avoid falling into that trap.
If you need help with building a custom, optimized website, visit our other site: https://qsoftdesigns.com/. We specialize in helping the little guy, small businesses, with their online presence.
We keep your website running efficiently, so you don’t have to. We offer flexible hosting service packages starting at $10.00 per month. With several packages to choose from that will accommodate your specific business needs. Find out more about us our web hosting at: https://denversbestwebhosting.com/.