Positive Thinking Day
September 13th is positive thinking day! This day was founded in 2003 by Dr. Kirsten Harrell as a way to create awareness of the correlation between positive thinking and health improvements on the mind and body.
Take the time to put joy in your workplace today. Use the law of attraction to draw out positive thinking in others. For some of us, the struggle to be positive is harder than others.
Did you know it’s hardwired in our DNA to be pessimistic about outcomes? It’s a survival instinct that goes back to the beginning of our species. You have to want to be positive and more optimistic to create change inside yourself. We’re not asking you to put your head in the clouds and lose sight of what really matters, but take a few moments to show appreciation and be grateful for the positives you have in your life. It could be as simple as a sunny (or cloudy) day or a memory from the past that helped you when you were struggling.
It’s easier to find the positive if you look for it (on the other side of the coin, you can generally find trouble when you look for it too).
Here are some ways to put positive thinking in action:
- Start off your day thankful for one thing in your life.
- Say something nice to someone. Be sincere. Being kind triggers positive thoughts.
- Before you start work, take a moment to breathe. Don’t think about work, or your to-do list, or anything. Just take a moment to calm your mind. Close your eyes if you need to, but when you open them, you’ll be ready to go.
- Focus on what you want, not on the things you don’t want. If you strike the words never, don’t, hate, and can’t from your vocabulary, you’ll find your mindset will move toward positive on its own.
- Let yourself be inspired by something.
- Last but not least, smile! This is especially true after the breathing moment mentioned above. If you smile before you step into the room, get down to business, or see your employees, the world around you will be more positive.
Like any new habit, it requires practice to incorporate it into your daily routine. Make a commitment to try at least one of these techniques today. Be positive and you’ll see the world change around you.
P O Box 111581
Aurora, Colorado 80042
We keep your website running efficiently, so you don’t have to. If you need help with building a custom, optimized website, visit our other site: https://qsoftdesigns.com/. We offer flexible hosting service packages starting at $10.00 per month. With several packages to choose from that will accommodate your specific business needs. Find out more about us our web hosting at https://denversbestwebhosting.com/. We specialize in helping the little guy, small businesses, with their online presence.